How I Fix : “Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment”

I am sharing my personnel experience on how I have solved this error: “Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment”. As per my experience this was the MOST frustrating error which I ever faced. I was getting bad copies of my pictures when copying it from my memory card to the computer. I became aware that something went wrong with my pictures because all pictures wouldn't open in picture viewer. I got few different error descriptions, like 'corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment' or 'Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x00 0x00'.

I thought maybe picture viewer was crapping out on me, then I tried to open the pictures in photo editing application but the problem remain same!! Pictures would open but the bottom of the pictures would be corrupt.

After that, I thought maybe that hard drive is crapping out on me...I started copying photos to a different drive but still the problem remain same!!

After a long search on forums & blogs, finally I got three solutions to repair corrupted JPEG pictures:

First Solution: First step is very easy which you can try manually, just right click on the image and rename it. Remember .JPEG extension should be maintained during renaming process. Now again try to open the file, at this time it should work.

Second Solution:
  A handy image editor works well in this case. Decoding a corrupted JPEG file with the help of image editor. Simply run the image editor program. Select the location your corrupt JPEG file that you needs to be fixed. Now you can save this file with different name with JPEG/JPG file extension. Finally you have a new copy of the file.

Last but not least: JPEG Recovery Software is the last option to repair corrupt JPEG/JPG files. You will find this solution on many blogs & forums as the first recommendations of the participants & authors, But I would suggest try this solution when first & second solution get failed to repair corrupt JPEG files. This solution will work definitely but you have to pay some bucks for it.

JPEG Corruption errors can be worse, if it goes unnoticed, it could cause more serious problems. So always take a right & fast step to solve these types of errors!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Tips to Fix Bookmark Not Defined Error

5 Powerful Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177

How to solve “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” JPEG image error