- Improper or incomplete download or upload of PDF file can corrupt it.
- Virus infection is another reason behind PDF corruption.
- Incompatible PDF creation or conversion software.
- If a PDF document is uploaded or downloaded on various systems then there is high priority of its corruption.
- Abrupt system shutdown while working on a PDF file can also corrupt this file.
- Sometimes bad download due to interrupted internet connection or lengthy download also corrupts a PDF file.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Have you ever faced a situation in which your Microsoft Word document suddenly starts showing junk characters when you try to open it? Or at times you become unable to open the Word file? These are the clear indications of Microsoft Word document corruption! In addition various messages indicating corruption of Word document flash on your screen when you attempt to open a corrupt Word document. These are the unexpected data loss situations and happen to knock out valuable Word doc completely from your computer without any prior notice. However, if you have the backup of your Word document then you can very easily get over this problem but in the unavailability of proper backup third-party Word repair tool can do the needful.
Consider a practical scenario wherein you encounter the below mentioned error message while trying to open one of your most crucial Microsoft Word2003 document:
“Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt.
Try one or more of the following:
* Open and Repair the file.
* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
(C:\Documents and Settings\...\test.doc)”
This error appears every time when you try to open this Word document and thus, resists you to access your valuable data.
The very obvious cause of appearance of the above error message is corruption of your Word document. The Word documents gets corrupt due to several reasons and cannot be opened until it is repaired.
You may try the below mentioned steps to workaround the situation:
Make use of Open and Repair option of Microsoft Office to resolve the issue (as suggested in error too).
If Open and Repair utility of Microsoft Office does not solve the problem then you can resolve this problem by installing Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack in your computer.
However, if both the above mentioned solutions unable to fix the issue then to repair Word file, you can use commercial third-party Word repair tool. These Word repair software can repair corrupt or damaged MS Word documents without changing their original formatting and objects including charts, test, images, headers, footers, etc. One such software is Word Recovery Software which can repair damaged/corrupt MS Word document and restore its various objects without any modification. The additional feature of this Word Repair software is that it can search for the corrupt Word document on the computer system. The software is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server2003, XP, 2000, and NT and supports MS Word 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
- First of all check and confirm the correct file format (.pdf).
- If you are using IE (Internet Explorer) then use correct and recommended method to save your file.
- Disable the "Display PDF in Browser" option in your reader software.
- Use Start - Programs - Adobe Reader to run the program directly (instead of running Reader as an embedded function within the web browser).
- Pull down the Edit menu of the Reader and choose Preferences.
- In the Internet settings group/panel, de-select (uncheck) the "Display PDF in Browser" option.
Monday, January 16, 2012
- Choose File -> Open
- Locate and select the file
- Click the arrow at the right of the Open button
- Click on Open and Repair
- When prompted, click the Repair button.
In case after applying above method your problem still unresolved then you need to use suitable third party Excel repair software to resolve your excel file corruption problem.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
How to solve “Could not complete you request because it is not a valid Photoshop document” PSD file Error
Assuming that you already know what is a HEX editor (WinHex) and how to use it I'll write here a few steps you can do before opening a "corrupt" PSD file:
1 - Make a back-up (copy) of the file before making any changes.
2 - Open the "corrupted" file in an usual HEX editor (NOT text editor!) and look for such groups of character just in the beginning: 8BPS and after a few bytes 8BIM another group of bytes and again 8BIM.
3 - This succession should be respected strictly: 8BPS ... 8BIM ... 8BIM. These groups should be very close to each other and it's easy to find them.
4 - Delete all bytes before 8BPS group (Shift+Delete) and save the file.
5 - Open it in Photoshop and Enjoy.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
How to solve “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” JPEG image error
- In Windows Explorer “No Preview Available”.
- Windows Picture & Fax Viewer will show “Drawing Failed” message.
- Adobe Photoshop will show “This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete)” message.
- In IrfanView “Can't read file header! Unknown file format or file not found!”.
- Adobe Photoshop “Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found”.
- Download winhex tool.
- From file menu open your corrupt file in winhex.
- Search the corrupt pattern
- Replace maged pattern with correct one.
- From file menu save corrected image.
Monday, January 9, 2012
- Hold the CTRL key.
- Double Click the Quickbooks shortcut.
- Select the file and click open.
- Enter User Name and Enter Password but DO NOT CLICK on OK.
- Hold the ALT key and click OK.
Above procedure will fix your problem of error code 20890 78242. And you are to use QuickBooks properly. If you are facing some other error code messages then you can contact me for solution.